Samsung Galaxy ON5 SM-G550T is Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating system, Most of this phone model is lock from T-Mobile network which means you cannot insert other foreign sim card, GSMSolutionPH provide a free instruction on how to Unlock SM-G550T using Z3X Samsung Tool Pro, but before that, we need to Root first by flashing root file using Odin3 Flasher.
Getting Ready To Root and Unlock
TWRP, ODIN and SuperSU Download Links
Installing TWRP on Galaxy ON5 using ODIN
- Put your Samsung Galaxy ON5 into Download Mode, Turn off first then press Home Button + Volume Down + Power Button.
- Connect to your PC and let the driver install.
- Open Odin 3 and in AP Button, Browse downloaded twrp .img file.
- In Option, Make sure the Auto Reboot is unchecked.
- Click Start to start flasing TWRP. Wait till PASSED appear and done.
How to root SM-G550T 6.0.1 Android Marshmallow
- Copy the SusperSU (Root File) into your SD Card or Internal Storage.
- Boot up your device into Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button.
- on Team Win Recovery Project tap on Install and browse the downloaded SuperSU zip File and Install.
- Upon Rebooting your Samsung Galaxy ON5 SM-G550T is now ROOTED.
How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy ON5 SM-G550T using Z3X
Enable USB Debugging first
- Go Settings
- Scroll down to About Phone
- Tap 7 times the Build Number
- Go back to Settings and scroll down to Developer Options
- There you can now check the Enable USB Debugging
Unlocking in Z3X Samsung Tool Pro
- Connect your phone to PC using USB Cable
- Let the driver install
- Open Z3X and in Port, Select the ADB option
- Click Unlock and wait upon reboot and Done.