Important to read
Flashing new firmware will delete all your user data, including contacts, messages, photos and other third party installed apps where installed and saved in internal storage. Performing backup first is highly recommended. The following are the common software problem that can be fix through flashing new firmware;
- Infected Virus – Also known as Monkey Virus where when you connect to Internet, there is automatically download apps or some popup screen and sometimes automatically turn on WiFi or data connection without doing it. The virus will not remove though hard reset or formatting your phone. Installing new firmware is the best solution.
- Unfortunately Error – This is when you open some apps it will popup Unfortunately, App has stopped. If cannot fixed through clearing the data, then flashing new firmware is also the solution.
- Stuck or Hang in Logo – The reason for this is either when you install incorrect Rom. Try to hard reset first but if still stuck, then flashing firmware is also the solution
- Too Many Pattern Attempts or forgot password – This is just an alternative solution if you cannot hard reset your android phone.
- Dead boot – Another caused of flashing incorrect ROM will lead to dead boot. Make sure you are flashing the right ROM (Firmware) for your Phone. If you think below is the right firmware for your device then nothing to worry.
- Boot Loop – The device keep rebooting when you turned it on, Unless your power switch has been damage, Flashing new ROM will fix it.
- And any software problem.
Download Cherry Mobile FLARE J2 V3.0 Firmware
How to flash Android phone using SP Flash tool
What we need?
- Firmware/ROM, SP Flashtool and MTK Drivers
- USB Cable
- Smartphone with 30 to 50 percent battery charged
Install Driver using Auto Installer Driver
Download Driver Auto Installer v1.1236.00
- After you download and extract, open the folder and you will see Install.bat
- Run and it will appear Windows Security window
- Click Install this driver software anyway
- It will appear many times and just click the same button.
Install Driver Using MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
Flashing Stock Rom in SP Flash tool
- Download Latest SP Flash tool here and extract to your desired location.
- Open the extracted file folder and run flash_tool.exe.
- On Scatter-loading file, click the choose button to browse for the Android_Scatter.txt
Follow the screenshot below in choosing android scatter file.
Note: The given screenshot scatter file is for Starmobile UP firmware with MT6582, this may different to your downloaded firmware depend on what model of your phone. this is just a guide on how to flash Mediatek smartphone.
After you select and load scatter file, either you see unchecked file, if you are not sure what you are doing, I suggest to Do not change anything. In below screenshot, the default CACHE and USRDATA is uncheck, if yours is checked, Just leave it default and do not unchecked.
In flash tool Select Download Only, Here is the step to connect.
-Click Download button in Flash Tool.
-In your phone turn off first, or remove battery (if removable) because turn off is a must.
-Then Press Volume up or Down or you can press them both Then insert USB Cable Then Insert back the Battery.-If you see a Red Progress bar then the phone is detected.
if it continue to Yellow Progress bar then proceed to step 7.
You will see a yellow progress bar, that means it start downloading. Just put down your phone because it may take few minutes.
And finally, it will popup a Download OK, that means the flashing new firmware is successful.
For Video tutorial, watch the video below.
Now that you flash your new firmware, restart your phone and you can now setup settings and install your desired application. if you encounter some problem, please comment and we will help you.
NOTE: Starting up for the first time may took long. Perform Hard Reset if necessary.
PMT changed for the ROM; it must be downloaded. If you don’t see this warning skip this and proceed to step 7.
to solve this, just follow the suggestion, Please Select “Format All + Download” Scene and try again the step 6.
Troubleshooting After Flash
FOR INVALID IMEI or Null IMEI
Performing Hard Reset After Flash.
Here the basic step in performing hard reset after flash. The advantage of this is to completely delete all installed apps and clear user data and cache, follow the step.
- Turn off your device.
- Press Volume and Power button at once (Either volume up or volume down or both)
- The device will turn on and you will see the Recovery Menu. Use volume key to select Wipe data / cache.
- Press Power button to confirm.
Make sure you follow carefully the instruction above in flashing, If you think this post is useful, please give us 5 star, And if you need help, you can comment below to help you about this Firmware for Cherry Mobile Flare J2 V3.0 Firmware.