|Cherry Mobile TOUCH XL Android 4.4 Kitkat|
For those looking for Cherry Mobile TOUCH XL stock rom this is Android 4.4 Kitkat operating system different from TOUCH XL 2, Do not try to flash lollipop or marshmallow in this phone. Cherry Mobile TOUCH XL is not the same as Cherry Mobile TOUCH XL 2. this has a spreadtrum chipset that can be flash through SPD Upgrade tool for free.
Since this is Spreadtrum, some client search for stock rom in google but nobody gave him so I decided to post this, this is PAC file that can be flash through free flash tool like ResearchDownload, I recomment to use lower version of SPD Upgrade tool because that is what we tested. you can also use latest flasher and comment your experience below.
Flashing this Android 4.4 KitKat OS will erase all your data including contacts, Messages, or other third party application installed. so I recomment to backup first all your important data, This is Android 4.4 KitKat stock rom and this is the default firmware for your phone, trying to upgrade higher version is not recommended. Flashing new firmware can fix some of the following problem;
- Cherry Mobile TOUCH XL Hang in logo
- Cherry Mobile TOUCH XL Infected virus
- Cherry Mobile TOUCH XL Boot loop
- Cherry Mobile TOUCH XL Unfortunately error
- Cherry Mobile TOUCH XL deadboot
Flashing Stock Rom To Android Smartphone
Install Spreadtrum Driver
- First download SPD SCI Android USB Driver V4 by jungo the complete driver for Spreadtrum.
- After download, extract anywhere in your computer, then select system type if 32-bit or 64-bit.
– To know your system type, go to control panel click on System and Security then click System. or simply right click on Computer and click Properties. you will see like this. mine is 32 bit (also known as x86-bit).
After you knew your system type, open your extracted SCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-v4 folder, then choose a folder weather it is x86(32) or x64, then run DPInst.exe. Just click next until it finish installing.
Flash Pac file Stock Rom
- Download the SPD_Upgrade_Tool_R4.0.0001 latest version, or SPD_Upgrade_Tool_R299015 lower version. Then extract to your desired location.
- Open your extracted files and run ResearchDownload.exe, For lower version open Bin folder and run UpgradeDownload.exe.
NOTE: UpgradeDownload and ResearchDownload is the same, UpgradeDownload is just the name of the lower version but they are both SPD Upgrade tool.
In this instruction I will use UpgradeDownload and a Use Cherry Mobile Pac file as a sample. In UpgradeDownload window, click on single gear icon to Load Packet and browse for pac file(firmware/stock rom) you downloaded then click open. follow this screenshot.
Loading a pac file may took long depend on file size. After loading a pac file, now ready to start flashing, You can also click on Settings on two gear icon if you want to unchecked some part of firmware like EraseRuntimeNV, This will not work on lower version. I recommend that leave it unchanged if you don’t have any idea.
Turn off first your phone, remove battery (if removable) then bring it back. In ResearchDownload/UpgradeDownload Click on Start Downloading, then in your phone press Volume up and Volume down then connect USB cable. If you see a a progress bar, then it means that it is successfully connected. if not, then try step 5 again.
Wait until you see a Passed in progress, that means, you installed a new stock rom successfully.