This firmware is exclusively for Alcatel Onetouch Pop D5 5038A Single Sim. with mediatek chip MT6582. Choosing a right firmware for this phone is a must. this model of phone has two type, a single sim and dual sim. if you flash with wrong firmware may cause deadboot. this firmware is tested by me.
Check your phone at back, it should be like this;
Download Pop D5 5038A Firmware / Stock Rom. Pasword: 13freakpopd55038a
How to flash Alcatel Onetouch Pop D5 5038A MT6582 Single Sim
How to flash Android phone using SP Flash tool
What we need?
- Firmware/ROM, SP Flashtool and MTK Drivers
- USB Cable
- Smartphone with 30 to 50 percent battery charged
Install Driver using Auto Installer Driver
- After you download and extract, open the folder and you will see Install.bat
- Run and it will appear Windows Security window
- Click Install this driver software anyway
- It will appear many times and just click the same button.
Install Driver Using MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
Flashing Stock Rom in SP Flash tool
- Download Latest SP Flash tool here and extract to your desired location.
- Open the extracted file folder and run flash_tool.exe
- On Scatter-loading file, click the choose button to browse for the Android_Scatter.txt
Follow the screenshot below in choosing android scatter file.
Note: The given screenshot scatter file is for Starmobile UP firmware with MT6582, this may different to your downloaded firmware depend on what model of your phone. this is just a guide on how to flash Mediatek smartphone.
After you select and load scatter file, either you see unchecked file, if you are not sure what you are doing, I suggest to Do not change anything. In below screenshot, the default CACHE and USRDATA is uncheck, if yours is checked, Just leave it default and do not unchecked.
In your phone turn off first, or remove battery (if removable) because turn off is a must.
In flash tool Select Download Only Then click Download button
In your phone Press Volume up or Down or you can press them both Then insert USB Cable. If you see a Red Progress bar then the phone is detected.
After you see detected proceed now to step 7.
PMT changed for the ROM; it must be downloaded. If you don’t see this warning just proceed to step 7.
to solve this, just follow the suggestion, Please Select “Format All + Download” Scene and try again the step 6.
Now that you flash your new firmware, restart your phone and you can now setup settings and install your desired application. if you encounter some problem, please comment and we will help you.
NOTE: Starting up for the first time may took long.